Delivering quality investment products and wealth management services.
Investment Product Manufacturing
We have the expertise, experience and track record of manufacturing financial products for both Qwest and our Product Partners. We manufacture innovative products for Investment Fund Manager (IFM), Portfolio Manager (PM) and Exempt Market Dealer (EMD) registrations.
Product Partner Manufacturing Services
Qwest partners with new or existing financial product issuers that need our investment fund management, portfolio management or back office services. We use various third-party service providers (e.g. SGGG, FundServ, etc.) to launch or re-launch your product successfully.
Investment Fund Manager and Portfolio Manager Services
Qwest Investment Fund Management Ltd. (QIFM) has IFM, PM and EMD registrations in multiple Canadian jurisdictions. When acting as an IFM, QIFM manages the Fund’s Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations, payments of dividends or distributions, financial statements, tax filings, compliance responsibilities, etc.
Some Product Partners require a registered Portfolio Manager to undertake the portfolio management role. QIFM conducts a comprehensive analysis of the product’s investment objectives, strategies and overall management needs.
Back Office and Administrative Services
Heritage Bancorp Ltd. (Heritage) has provided full, partial or as needed back office fund accounting, advisory and administration for Qwest products and Product Partners for 20 years.
- Managing full-cycle fund activities of the fund administrator involving equity classes setup, issue costs, NAVs, financial reporting, taxation (T2, T3, T5013), HST, management fees, performance fees and distributions
- Leading year-end financial statements audit processes and acting as a bridge between auditors and Product Partners
- Upon request, transaction-based IFRS technical accounting advisory services, accounting policies, NAV policies and position papers
- Pre-fund setup advisory services to help Product Partners plan and assess commercial viability of the potential funds
- Administering Fundserv codes Heritage provides these services to mutual funds, flow-through funds, private securities funds, REITs, alternative products and other fund types.
Wealth Management and Asset Management
Hoovest Wealth Management (Hoovest), a division of QIFM, provides wealth management services and Hoovest branded products by Hoovest Asset Management.
The Hoovest mission: Connecting great people with great investments™.
Hoovest offers a client-centred approach to wealth management. Each client portfolio is a separately managed account, and Hoovest creates customized strategies based on each client's unique goals.
Are you a growing company that values innovation and collaboration? We’re approachable and flexible.
Let’s talk about the modern marketplace and creating a unique solution to help meet your business goals.